The San Francisco Community Land Trust had a wonderful press conference at San Francisco’s City Hall at 10:00am on May 3, 2012, to announce the land trust’s acquisition of a foreclosed tenant property to make it available to the folks in the low-income tenants cooperative who had been struggling to continue living in their home. Land trusts purchasing homes to make them available to tenants at affordable rates in perpetuity is one encouraging model for keeping housing accessible and affordable in San Francisco.
Below are various organizations related to the Occupy the Auctions and Evictions campaign here in San Francisco, even though they haven’t officially endorsed the campaign.
- Brass Liberation Orchestra (featured at Occupy the Auctions action on May 18, 2012)
- Causa Justa : Just Cause (organized Occupy the Auctions action in Oakland, member of Occupy SF Housing coalition)
- Ma href=”http://clvu.org” target=”_blank”>City Life / Vida Urbana (helping homeowners in Boston, Massachusetts)
- Coalition on Homelessness
- Occupy Detroit (organizing reoccupations of foreclosed homes in Detroit, Michigan)
- Occupy Redwood City (organizing Occupy the Auctions actions at the San Mateo County, California, courthouse)
- Organizing for Occupation (organizing Occupy the Auctions actions at Brooklyn courthouse, Queens, and other boroughs, as well as reoccupations of foreclosed homes in Brooklyn)
- San Francisco Community Land Trust
- San Francisco Housing Rights Committee (member of Occupy SF Housing coalition)
- Unsettle Portland (organizing housing actions in Portland, Oregon)
- We Are Oregon (organizing housing actions in Portland and elsewhere in Oregon)